Thursday, July 26, 2012

First post - Turquoise Eyes

So I'm starting this wacky new blog thing and I'm pretty excited. I've been a long time lurker when it comes the tg caption scene and I finally decided to jump in. And, exactly three hours into this adventure I can tell you this. Never again, not once, will I bitch about how long it takes these captioneers to get their material out. Not out loud, not online, not in my head. This is time consuming stuff. And I imagine as I get better it will only take longer.

Please, comments, suggestions, and the like are welcome. I'm new at this and the primary way I imagine I'll get better is with a constructive audience. Or, you know, an audience at all. One thing at a time I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great starting caption. If I had eyes that pretty I'd sure want to be a girl as well. I think you've written it well and chosen an excellent image, great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice first caption ;)

    And I agree witb you that the more complicated the caption the more time consuming it's. Afterall is writing stuff out of the blue what we are talking about.

    A couple of pointers if you allow me:

    For further captions...

    1. Make a draft of what you want to write about. Story flow mode comes after wrting dozen of stories, so don't hesitate on thinking you are writing something a bit artificial. Just think of the plot, set the object of desire, set the target and put a little background. I know its hard to do all that in what? 250 words, well try to write less secondary information like here. Avoid repeating the same words over the same sentence. That's where the story flow mode comes, and if you can't handle it yet, follow the previous advice:

    E.G: It turned out it had been worth it, would have been worth so much more. (The prhase is a little confusing, but maybe it just me. So don't mind that ;P ) You could go with another synonym to avoid using the same words :)

    2. Does this appeal to your tastes? Does this tell something? Do I want to feel this way? Sometimes coming to a female voice inside your head (everyone in the world have this point of view and viceversa) does help to craft a better character and make an emotion come out to your reader. I know its a bit metaphisical, but hey! Its a reader thingie, you will need to learn! :)

    Anyway, great start. And I'll drop once in awhile to see you growing into a fine captioner!

    Hugs and Kisses Alectra

    ReplyDelete